1. Character. What's your name? What do you look like?
2. Stats. The stats are Cool, Hard, Hot, Sharp, and Weird.
You have 3 points to spend to raise your stats up.
You can't spend points on a stat to bring it higher than +2.
You can lower a stat to raise another stat, one-for-one, but raising a stat from +2 to +3 costs -2 from other stats.
+3 is the max, -2 is the lowest.
3. Moves. Choose 3 moves, some moves come with gear for free.
Choose moves straight out of the rulebook/index. The following comes with gear:
Artful & gracious gives you 1 piece of luxe gear, per the Skinner playbook
Battlefield grace comes with an angel kit
Deep brain scan comes with 1 piece of brainer gear, per the Brainer playbook
Fortunes comes with followers
Hypnotic gives you 1 piece of luxe gear, per the Skinner playbook
In-brain puppet strings comes with 1 piece of brainer gear, per the Brainer playbook
Some moves won't work without a gang, a holding, a bike, or a car. In order to get these you need to give up one of your starting moves in place of the gang/holding/bike/car.
4. Gear. You have 8-barter to buy crap with. (see page 237)
5. History (Hx). You have Hx +1 with all other characters. Choose 1 character and tell them +1 Hx, create a positive relationship between your two characters. Optionally, choose a second character and tell them -1 Hx, create a harsh relationship between your two characters.
6. Improvement. Miss a roll (6 or less) and mark XP. At the end of every session, go around for Hx as usual and mark XP when your Hx with someone resets from +4 to +1. 10 XP can be spent to buy new moves, 10 XP can be spent to raise a stat by +1 but you can't raise any stat higher than +2.