Introducing THE PRIEST
You reach for the stars, shake the pillars of heaven and pull them down around you. Someday your guidance will instruct kings on how to behave and where to give money. Anybody who doesn’t appreciate your vision needs to get slapped, and you have planned to do a lot of slapping! You know you’re right, because you work for god.
Achard, Enbane, Hezak, Laderic, Nidale, Perol, Sithik, Tousba, Zigmal
Chani, Errinaya, Gronalyn, Ilene, Lolinda, Peri'el, Teresse, Wellisa, Zynoa
Choose one set:
• Valor+1 Power=0 Moxie+2 Alert-1 Magic+1
• Valor+1 Power-1 Moxie+2 Alert=0 Magic+1
• Valor+1 Power-1 Moxie+2 Alert+1 Magic=0
• Valor+1 Power+1 Moxie+2 Alert=0 Magic-1
You get this 1:
Dedicated: choose a deity to whom you have dedicated your life’s work and committed your soul to infinite spiritual service to. Each one grants you a unique move that requires some form of material component and uses roll+valor:
• Abzu: Pathfinder (Find the Path spell literally)
• Cthulhu: Turn Animal (like Turn Undead, but works against mundane animals)
• Horus: Divination (see into the future)
• Sucellus: Bacchanal (gets others instantly drunk)
• Vishvakar: Antimagic Field (the literal spell from the PHB)
• Yinglong: Control Weather (make it rain! Or something)
Then choose 2:
Aid: when outside of battle, you can choose 1:
• take -1forward to give somebody else +1forward
• take -1ongoing to give somebody else +1ongoing.
• take 1-damage to give somebody else +1armor. Once you heal, the armor is reduced.
Each choice can only be made once per session.
Blessing/Curse: when another player’s character moves and you are not present, you can help or interfere but you reset your Hx with them to +0 afterward. This cannot be used with NPCs.
Charismatic: you get +1moxie. (max Moxie+3)
Communion: when you tap the arcane nexus, roll+moxie instead of roll+magic.
Divine Counsel: when a character comes to you for advice, tell them what you honestly think the best course is. If they do it, they take +1 to any rolls they make in the doing, and you mark an experience circle.
Lay on Hands: when you put your hands skin-to-skin on a wounded person and pray to your deity, roll+moxie. On a 10+, heal 2 segments and take +2Hx with them. On a 7–9, heal 1 segment, take +1Hx with them, and you have potentially incurred your deity’s disapproval. On a miss, you don’t heal them and your deity definitely disapproves.
Turn Undead: when confronting an undead being with your holy symbol, roll+moxie. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 1:
• deal +moxie damage ap
• flees out of reach from you for a short time
• momentarily dazed and take -1forward
• all undead that you can see are affected
• the effects of the turning last for the rest of the day
On a miss, the MC will declare how the undead react.
• 1 practical weapon
• oddments worth 1-gold
• fashion suitable to your look, including at your option a piece worth 1-armor (you detail)
Practical weapons (choose 1):
• Hammer (2-harm melee)
• Handaxe (2-harm melee messy)
• Mace (3-harm melee)
• Quarterstaff (2-harm melee)
• Sap (2-harm ko melee)
Everyone introduces their characters by name, look and outlook.
Take your turn.
List the other characters’ names.
Go around again for Hx. On your turn:
• Any of them who follow your deity, tell their players Hx+2.
• Any of them who don’t follow your deity, tell them Hx-1.
On the others’ turns:
• Choose the character whose soul you want to convert to your deity. Whatever number that player tells you, ignore it; write Hx+3 next to the character’s name instead.
• Everyone else, whatever number they tell you, give it +1 and write it next to their character’s name. You’ve insinuated yourself into their lives.
At the end, find the character with the highest Hx on your sheet. Ask that player which of your stats is most interesting, and highlight it. The MC will have you highlight a second stat too.
If another character takes communion with you, you each hold 1. Either of you can spend your hold any time to help or interfere with the other, at a distance or despite any barriers that would normally prevent it.
When another character heals you, you get +1Hx with them.